LU Collections is committed to upholding your privacy and ensuring that your personal data is secure and protected
What data will be collected
LU Collections requires certain personal data to enable us to communicate with you appropriately. Data collected is as follows:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
- Email address
How will your data be used?
Data may be used as follows:
- Provide you with updates on relevant offers, products and services provided by LU Collections.
All processing of personal data must be conducted in accordance with the data protection principles as set out in Article 5 of the GDPR. LU Collections policies and procedures are designed to ensure compliance with the principles that personal data must be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
Protection and security
LU Collections is firmly committed to data security. We take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your data from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption.
Although every effort is made to create a secure environment for your personal information, we cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information which you transmit to us online.
It is LU Collections’ responsibility to ensure that all personal and company data is non-recoverable from any computer system previously used within an organisation, which has been passed on/sold to a third party.
In addition, LU Collections will:
- Ensure that all LU Collections staff are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice and are suitably trained
- Deal promptly and courteously with any enquiries about handling personal information
- Regularly review and audit the way it holds, manages and uses personal information
- Ensure that all LU Collections staff are aware that a breach of the rules and procedures identified in this policy may lead to disciplinary action being taken against them.
- Ensure that all data is kept up-to-date by regularly asking if there have been any changes to data or circumstances.
LU Collections understands ‘consent’ to mean that it has been explicitly and freely given, and a specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes that, by statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her. The data subject can withdraw their consent at any time.
LU Collections understands ‘consent’ to mean that the data subject has been fully informed of the intended processing and has signified their agreement, while in a fit state of mind to do so and without pressure being exerted upon them. Consent obtained under duress or on the basis of misleading information will not be a valid basis for processing.
We will not share your data with any third party
LU Collections does not share or sell your personal data to any third party.
We may need to share limited information with our service providers who assist us in preparing and sending you communications e.g. sending emails. However, we do not allow these organisations to use your data for their own purposes and we always ensure that they keep your data securely and comply with current regulation.
Personal data is stored for varying lengths depending on the nature and purpose for which it was collected. This is reviewed periodically to ensure it is still necessary to be retained for the purpose for which it was collected.
By law, you are entitled to:
- object to your personal information being used for marketing purposes. We give you the choice to opt out of communications by simply emailing email@example.com
- receive a copy of any personal information about you which is held by us.
- require the rectification, erasure or blocking of any of your personal information which is inaccurate or not up to date held by us.
You also have the right to make a complaint direct to the UK’s data protection authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org